As we prepare to return to worship in our nave, the COVID-19 Task Force recommends that we take the steps below. With that said, we will hold one last service out in the courtyard (Fellowship Hall, if raining). Barring any unforeseen changes in the numbers, we will resume inside worship on Sunday, July 4, 2021.
What we ARE doing:
Getting Ready -
- General cleaning in the nave, chapel, gathering area, restrooms.
- Focus on door handles/push bars, light switches, faucet handles, handrails, and other frequently-touched areas.
- Remove, clean, and replace supply and return air grilles in nave.
- Place signs at entrances. (Remove any existing signs from doors )
- Leave sanitizer pump bottles in pews; acquire additional if needed.
- Place altar paraments, candles, etc. back in proper places (also in chapel).
- Wipe out and refill baptismal font; test to confirm pump still operates.
- Masks encouraged
- Symptom reminder (fever, etc.)
Worship this week -
- Walk-thru communion (receive host from pastor, wine from assisting minister at separate station).
- Continue training attendees to keep 3’ spacing while in line to receive.
- Indoor assembly singing discouraged.
- Encourage people who don’t feel well to stay home.
Worship in the nave resumes 7/4 -
- Continue walk-thru communion
- Continue keeping 3’ distance to receive, as well as while entering and exiting. (Ask ushers to help guide if needed)
- Continue to discourage assembly singing
- Encourage people who don’t feel well to stay home
- ZOOM worship will continue for those unable to attend
- Encourage people to gather outdoors to socialize before/after worship
What we ARE NOT doing:
- Contact tracing
- Asking about vaccine status
- Enforcing masking
- Actively restricting any participation in worship (including speaking or singing)
- Modifying the liturgy pattern
IF someone from our community becomes infected/sick with COVID-19:
- They should report it to the church office as soon as possible
- Return to outdoor worship for 1 week and make sure nobody else develops symptoms
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to a COVID task force team member or a Council member. Thank you.